About the Programme
The Mentorship for Health Research Training Fellows scheme is funded by the Department of Health, the Chief Nursing Officer and the Chief Scientific Officer and is developed and delivered by a partnership of organisations; The Academy of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting Research (UK), the University of Hertfordshire, the Allied Health Professionals Research Network, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Imperial College London and the University of Huddersfield.
Aims and Content
The overall aim of the scheme is to provide high quality mentorship to support the next generation of clinical academic leaders.
The Programme offers:
- A faculty of nationally and internationally experienced research mentors
- 1-2-1 mentoring support for NIHR awardees at Senior Clinical Lecturer, and Clinical Lecturer levels from the CAT and Healthcare Scientists schemes
- Face to face and on-line mentorship training
- Virtual Learning Environment Platform via Studynet
- Outreach activities including an Annual Autumn School and regional and professional networks